sâmbătă, 19 aprilie 2008

Man made God

In the crooked shadows, as they die
Underneath a tree I lie
I hear the light as it screams with fury
As beneath the night it’s buried
I see hatred, I see lust
As I watch the rising dusk
They make love and they wage war
They see my shape from afar

I’m a man made god, cast down to earth
Drinking deep of beauty’s worth
Savoring of its savage splendor
Mesmerized by all its grandeur
But what of us, the ones that watch
Do we matter all that much?
Does the sky care if I admire
It’s dismal show filled with desire?

Man made god I am indeed
But for all my worth I need
No kingdom, no court or palace
But a place to quench my malice
For we are princes of the dust
We crush innocence as we must
But in this exile of my making
I understand what they are faking
With this display before my eyes
I hear the fear that fills their cries

But I know that we are falling
And I know the light is coming
Where oh were can we seek shelter
When all we build we tare asunder
Our fate is cruel, our pride is dooming
Twilights over us are looming
But we never raise our heads
To feel the sun’s silver threads
Yet what does all this matter
If tomorrow will be better?

We are gods and kings alike
Crafting futures as we like
Marching forward always grinning
Bidding the world to keep spinning
I dance in ash and smile in sun
Never knowing what I’ve done…

Niciun comentariu: